Tutorial For: Cute As A Bug – single page
Created by Carol Barron for Paper Roses
Distress your paper edges and ink in Kaisercraft vintage, each piece of paper as you create.
Ink your Cute As a Bug and cog flourishes in two coats of Avocado. Now using a combination of all three inks. Ink green along the bottom and vintage through the top. While still tacky and using vintage, ink the edges. When your flourishes are totally dry use the glossy accents.
1. Cut the Toffee cardstock 12x12inches.
2. Remove the salvage from “Ephemera”. Cut a 10inch square evenly from the center. Adhere the 1inch border from “Ephemera” evenly to your Toffee cardstock, use foam tape.
3. Now cut a square 9½ x 9½ inches from “Apothecary” adhere the 9½ x 9½ inch square evenly to the center of the cardstock. Cream script side facing out.
4. Remove the salvage from “Plumology” cut an 8½ x 8½ inch square. Adhere evenly to the center of “Apothecary”. The blue side facing out.
5. Remove the salvage from “Cartography” cut a 7½ x 7½ inch square. Adhere evenly to the center of “Plumology ”.
6. At the top right of the 10inch square from “Ephemera,” you have some cards, Butterflies, and bugs. Start fussy cutting 4inches down on the right side coming up and around the card, butterflies, feather, and bugs, ending 6½ inches from the top right of the paper. Use your photocopied picture as a guide.7. Remove the salvage from “Herbs” and put it to one side. Now cut a 5¾ x 7¾ inch photo mat. Next cut another photo mat 5½ x 7½” inches, with the herb side facing our adhere evenly to the dark brown side. Now adhere to your large photo.
8. Next adhere the framed photo on an angle, left the corner of the frame ½ from the left side and 3¾ inches from the top of the page. Adhere the right corner of the frame 2¾ inches from the top of your page. Use foam tape.
8. Adhere the salvage from “Herbs” ½ inch from the bottom.
9. Fussy cut four different size butterflies from “Entomology” and put them to one side.
10. Cut a 3x8inch strip from the leftover paper from “Plumology” score at 4inches and fold the blue side facing out, adhere to the left and right sides. together. Cut a 3x3inch strip from the leftover paper from “Herbs” score at 1½ inches and fold brown side facing out, adhere the back evenly to the top back of “Plumology”. Using a round corner punch, punch both the front corners. Next using your hole punch, punch a hole in the center of the top flap.
Insert the little secret/memorabilia in the pocket.
11. Tie the string through the hole in the pocket and adhere.
Adhere the word “Beautiful” from the salvage of “Cartography” to the top pocket flap. And then adhere your small photo to the bottom of your pocket
12 Adhere to your “Cute As A Bug” flourish to the center-right. Your assorted cogs to the top left and bottom right. Next, adhere your butterflies with a little pearl to the back of each butterfly.
13. Always use your photocopied pictures as a guide.
Materials in Kit: Kaisercraft collection: Entomology, Cartography, Ephermera, Plumology Apothecary and Herbs. Cardstock color Toffee. Kaisercraft Cogs and mini cogs. WOW Cute As a Bug flourish. Green Tara: String. Four pearls. The kit also includes photographed instructions.
Tools needed: Paper trimmer, distressing tool, hole punch, corner punch, fussy cutting scissors, craft knife, and ruler. Foam and double-sided tape and glue. Kaisercraft vintage, green and avocado inks, plus glossy accents (same as dimensional magic)
Photos needed: One 5×7 inch portrait photo and one 2×2 ½ inch landscape photo.
A sample for making your secret pocket: