“Who Could Resist That Smile”
Created by Carol Barron for the Scrapbook Club.
Distress your paper edges and ink in Kaisercraft Lagoon, each piece of paper as you create.
Separate your WOW Who Could Resist That from SMILE, now ink in two coats of Island. While still tacky, using Lagoon, ink the edges and blend a little here and there, when dry, ink the edges in Faded Jeans When your flourishes are totally dry, use your glossy accents.
* Please Remember always use your photocopied pictures as a guide.
1. Cut the Blue Berry cardstock 12x12inches. Then cut an 8-inch circle evenly from the center. And put the circle to one side.
2. Remove the salvage from “Sea Floor”. Now cut to 11½ x 11½ inches keep the left side with the turtle intact. Fussy cut around the turtle starting from the bottom and around his head. Now adhere evenly to the blue Berry cardstock border, with the turtle in the bottom left corner. Keep the underside of the turtle free of tape, for now.
3. Cut a 2½ inch strip from your corrugated paper, now curl the edges with your fingernails. Next using your Lagoon ink run the ink over the top and edges. Adhere to your layout ½ inch from the top.
4. Cut the strip of turtles from the top of “Sand Bar” distress and ink in Lagoon, Adhere evenly through the center of your Corrugated paper.
*Note for the next steps; Slide your circles and framed photo under the turtles head and leg.
5. Adhere your Blue Berry circle to your layout ¾ inch from the bottom and 2 inches from the left side. Remove the salvage from “Barrier Reef” cut a 7¾ inch circle from the bottom corner, adhere the circle evenly to the Blue Berry circle, stripped shells facing out.
6. Cut a 4½ x 6½ inch photo mat from your corrugated paper, now curl the edges with your fingernails. Next using your Lagoon ink run the ink over the top and edges. Adhere to your layout 3¾ inches from the top and 2¾ inches from the left.
7 Cut a 4¼ x 6¼ photo mat from “Deep Sea Dive” distress and ink. Adhere evenly underwater your corrugated mat. Ink the edges of your photo, then adhere your photo evenly to your double mat.
8. Cut a length of Jute to 11inches, gather and adhere along the bottom edge of your photo. Tuck the left side of the Jute under the turtle’s leg.
9. Using the leftover piece of Jute, gather and adhere along the left side of your framed photo. Tuck a little under the top of the turtle.
10. You can now adhere the turtles head to the bottom left of your photo.
11. Cut a ½x12 inch piece of corrugated paper, now tear into three different lengths, ink the edges.
Adhere two pieces along the right side. And the third piece along the bottom left.
12. Adhere “Who Could Resist That” to the top right of your layout, adhering over the top of the turtles and corrugated paper. Adhere “SMILE” to the bottom right corner of your framed photo.
13. Cut a small mat from some leftover corrugated paper 2x 3½ inches, ink. Now cut out the small card from “Sand Bar” with the Verse “life is simple just add water”. Adhere evenly to the corrugated paper. Now adhere to the bottom right corner, overlapping the edge of your Jute.
14. Tie two loops of string as part of your embellishing. Now using your photocopied picture adhere all your Flowers, string and little flourishes.
Materials in Kit: Kaisercraft Deep Sea collection: Sea Floor, Sand Bar, Barrier Reef, and Deep Sea Dive. Cardstock colour Blue Berry. K/C Corrugated paper and underwater flourishes, WOW: Who Could Resist That Smile flourish. Green Tara: 50mm Jute Lattice, Natural burlap flower with a string edge, string and apple blossoms. The kit also includes photographed instructions.
Tools needed: Paper trimmer, circle cutter or compass, distressing tool, Fussy cutting scissors, pencil and ruler in inches. Foam tape, double-sided tape, and glue. Kaisercraft inks: Island, Lagoon and Ranger ink faded jeans. Plus glossy accents
Photos needed: one 4x6inch landscape photo.